Founded in 1980 by renowned rod designer Don Green and quickly joined by Bruce Kirschner (formerly of K2 Skis), Sage was created with one idea in mind - to build the world's finest performance fly fishing equipment. Using innovative, world-class materials and years of experience gained while working with Fenwick and Grizzly rod companies, Don revolutionized the fly fishing world.
While overshadowed by Sageâ€™s rod innovation and expertise, Sage has designed and manufactured reels since the introduction of the 500 Series in 1984. The same meticulous design, attention to detail, and â€œform follows functionâ€� mantra from Sageâ€™s rod design and manufacturing drives Sageâ€™s reel innovation.
Sage's 6080 fly spool features the exclusive SCS drag system to create silky-smooth resistance while efficiently dissipating heat.
Built for their 6000 series reel, Sage's 6080 fly spool features the exclusive SCS drag system to create silky-smooth resistance while efficiently dissipating heat.
- SCS drag design
- Large arbor for fast line pick up
- Full machined 6061-T6 aerospace grade aluminum
- Cold forged and tempered for superior strength and rigidity
- Hard anodized for surface protection and corrosion resistance
- Concave arbor for greater strength and capacity
- Innovative quick-change spool mechanism
- One revolution drag knob with numbered and detented settings
- Easy conversion from left- to right-hand retrieve
- Ergonomic handle
- Neoprene and embroidered ballistic nylon reel case