A full day of swinging flies for big, aggressive sea run Bull Trout on the Lower Mainland's picturesque upper Pitt River.
In May Sea Run Bull Trout start to enter the river to spawn. These fish have spent a year or more in the ocean getting big, fat and healthy. When they reach the river they aggressively attack minnows, par, and sculpin and are full of vigour. You will discuss flies and practice streamer fishing with the swung fly. Looking at the river: run depth, speed and water colour, and learning strategy on how to best cover water to hook these fish.
Travel by jet boat from Grant Narrows to the upper Pitt River with Matt Bentley of Bentley's Fishing Adventures. Matt has lots of experience on this river and is a wealth of knowledge in the pursuit of these extremely unique Bull Trout.
Cost is $400 + GST.
- Basic fly fishing skills.
- A complete fly fishing outfit: single hand 7 weight plus, or a switch or spey 6 weight plus, with a fast sinking tip line and flies.
- Appropriate wading and weather apparel.
- Check your regulations for licensing requirements.
- Bring your own food and drink.
- Class size is limited to 3 students per day.
- Payment in full to hold your reservation.
- Notice must be given 21 days prior to start date to receive a refund or to reschedule.
Full day on the water approximately 7:00am - 5:00pm
Available Course Dates
Sorry, it appears we have not finalized a date yet or the current dates are full. We can place you on the wait list and contact you when new dates have been added.