Scott Centric All Water Fly Rod 9' 5" , 4-piece, 5wt
Scott Centric All Water Fly Rod 9' 5" , 4-piece, 5wt
Introducing the new Centric series fly rods.
Scott put the feel in fast action rods. Now we’re taking it to the next level.
Cutting edge Centric series fly rods deliver new levels of stability, recovery speed, and range, while giving anglers tons of feedback through the easy flexing tip sections and highly transmissive blanks.
These are the most efficient rods Scott has ever created. High line speed, flat, stable loops are easily generated at any distance with minimal effort from the caster.
Apparent to anglers of any skill level, these rods feel very light in the hand, are insanely accurate, and are simply a joy to fish at any distance.
Ease of roll casts and mends is next level. The ability to control loop shape and line speed at any distance give anglers wide ranging versatility.
Centric rods combine new tapers and multi-modulus lay ups with a new resin system to increase fiber density and reduce weight, and they feature our new generation ARC reinforcement for greater stability along multiple axes. New custom rolling equipment allows us to control fiber placement and density with new levels of precision.
And just to top it all off, we designed new standard-setting componentry for Centric rods that redefine functionality, durability, and beauty.
Scott Centric rods are fit with Flor grade cork, new titanium stripping guides with super slick zirconia inserts, new low glare Snakebrand Universal snake guides, and a new fully milled reel seat featuring speed threads, easy grip knurling, self-indexing hoods, micarta inserts, a special Delrin lock washer, and type 3 flat black hard coat.
Centric rods are handcrafted in the USA from the finest materials.
- Centric rods combine new precision construction techniques with our innovative new resin system to bond carbon fibers in a very dense matrix. The result? An exponentially lighter, more efficient rod that reduces casting fatigue and effort, while improving accuracy and versatility performance. So, whether it’s long bank shots with a dry, or short roll casts on your favorite nymph run, Centric rods bring together light weight, fast recovery and feel for unbridled fishing Nirvana.
- Enhanced feel, incredible stability and unequalled performance. X-Core combines the industry’s leading composite technologies with cutting edge design.
- Diameter is proportional to stiffness and strength, and X-Core, or Expanded Core, technology delivers blanks that transmit feel and maintain stability better than any other design approach.
- We use fast taper mandrels with low-mass, thin-walled blanks and proprietary ARC reinforcement to create rods that have stiffness with feel, and stability with sensitivity.
- This design helps the rod come alive in your hands. It’s a superior approach to the slow taper, thick walled designs that deliver stiffness at the expense of feel.
- Walk down a rod rack at your local fly shop and you'll notice something different about Scott rods. Like everything we do, the Scott Natural Finish is all about making your rod lighter, more durable, and better performing.
- Most other rods on the shelf are run through a belt sander, tearing away the outside power fibers of the blank and introducing variance. Inadvertent flatspotting during the sanding process will weaken a blank, and blanks are designed with a margin of error to accommodate for oversanding. After the blank is sanded, a glossy paint is applied to add shelf appeal.
- Natural finish blanks aren't subjected to the rip through the sanding belt, nor are they covered with heavy paint to add pop in your fly shop. We're firm believers in the natural beauty of graphite. A natural finish blank is built to exacting tolerances. Scott's advanced resin systems permeate the blank, leaving a durable finish that will stand up to years of abuse.
- These new, patented, American made guides from Snake Brand feature radius feet which conform to the blank, have the best corrosion resistance, and even have a self-lubricating finish to shoot line farther.
- Scott introduced the world to ultra-light weight unidirectional carbon fiber reinforcements over 15 years ago. Our Advanced Reinforced Carbon (ARC) adds directional stability and hoop strength while minimizing additional weight.
- Our new generation ARC is over 35% lighter and sets a new first in ultra-light multi-ply blank construction.
- The result is even more torsional stability with substantially lighter weight. This helps your rod track better for greater loop control and pin point accuracy.
- Fine-tuned flex and recovery.
- Scott pioneered the use of multi modulus fiber lay ups in blank design.
- By varying the fiber tensile modulus along the length of the rod, we’re able to precisely control the stiffness and recovery speed of our blanks.
- The result is a rod that loads and unloads more smoothly.
- Another first, brought to you by Scott.
- Most reel seats are made with a glossy, thin, and easily marred type 2 anodize. Scratches in type 2 anodize expose the aluminum underneath, leading to worn finishes and potential for corrosion.
- Our Mil-Spec III anodize penetrates the surface of the aluminum, creating the hardest, most durable, and most corrosion resistant finish available. Mil-Spec III prevents galvanic reactions with dissimilar metals and is resistant to temperatures above 900 degrees fahrenheit.
- ReAct technology combines our X-Core design with a new complex materials and taper system to create a break-through in fast action rod design. Distance, control and accuracy are compromised by waves that vibrate in the rod, even after the cast has been made. Simply making the rod stiffer to stop these vibrations kills feel. ReAct counteracts energy sapping vibrations by speeding the recovery of the blank without the need to stiffen the rod with more material. This puts the feel in fast. And that’s a really good thing.
- Our all new FiberFuse enhanced resin system uses new chemistry to create bonds between each graphite fiber that are over 20% stronger than conventional epoxy resins.
- With the highest strength to weight ratio and corrosion resistance of any metal, our titanium guide frames let you worry about the fishing, and not about the salt.
- When we set out to build the best fly rods, we knew that we had to use the best components. We use guides made from materials chosen for their strength, lightness, and corrosion resistance. Frames are made from pure titanium - 65% lighter than equivalent stainless steel guides, and 100% corrosion resistant. Silicon carbide (SiC) rings are diamond polished to create the smoothest surface of any ceramic material. Just like our frames, SiC is resistant to abrasion, corrosion, and thermal shock.
- Why would you want guides made from anything else?
|Click on line to view item details|
|C1004/4||Scott Centric All Water Fly Rod 10' 0" , 4-piece, 4wt||0.0 oz|
|C1005/4||Scott Centric All Water Fly Rod 10' 0" , 4-piece, 5wt||0.0 oz|
|C854/4||Scott Centric All Water Fly Rod 8' 6" , 4-piece, 4wt||0.0 oz|
|C904/4||Scott Centric All Water Fly Rod 9' 0" , 4-piece, 4wt||0.0 oz|
|C905/4||Scott Centric All Water Fly Rod 9' 0" , 4-piece, 5wt||0.0 oz|
|C906/4||Scott Centric All Water Fly Rod 9' 0" , 4-piece, 6wt||0.0 oz|
|C907/4||Scott Centric All Water Fly Rod 9' 0" , 4-piece, 7wt||0.0 oz|
|C955/4||Scott Centric All Water Fly Rod 9' 5" , 4-piece, 5wt||0.0 oz|
|C956/4||Scott Centric All Water Fly Rod 9' 5" , 4-piece, 6wt||0.0 oz|
|Total items: 9|
Sorry, no documents are available.