Actual product many very based on size and options selected.
Model Item Selector
Narrow your selection by clicking options.
The options will update based on your selection.
Click the to clear your selection.
Price Range: $490.00 - $650.00
(depends on options selected above)
The Nautilus X-Series is an open-frame reel designed for lightness, strength, drag smoothness, and fast line pick up. The X-Series design has strong beams that extend from the center to a wide line guard. These angles allow for rear spool rim protection where the reel typically contacts the ground when the rod is leaned up against a wall or a car.
The totally new SCF-X drag is a sealed Teflon® and carbon fiber disc drag system. It is adjusted with a generous drag knob that offers superior gripping surface and texture for wet and cold fingers.
The highly ventilated arch design, coupled with the dual palming rim increases spool strength by 35 %. The sides of the frame leave the spool totally exposed, and the back spool rim has a generous 1/8″ secondary palming rim for added fish control. This heavy- duty secondary palming rim has the strength to withstand everyday wear and tear.
The spool is a new spin on our ultra light, award winning Giga arbor design. It is lighter than any spool of a similar size we have ever made.
Available in three frame sizes: XS – 3.25” Diameter, 3.8 oz, XM – 3.5” diameter, 4.1 oz, and a 4” frame XL that will accept the standard XL Giga arbor spool for a 6/7 weight and the XL MAX Giga arbor spool that will fit an 8/9 weight line. At a mere 4.7 ounces the XL and XL MAX will handle your larger fresh water species and light salt water needs perfectly.
Available in brushed titanium or black anodizing.
- SCFX DISC BRAKE: The totally new SCF-X drag is a sealed Teflon® and carbon fiber disc drag system. It is adjusted with a generous drag knob that offers superior gripping surface and texture for wet and cold fingers.
- TPX: Our precision engineered thermoplastic TPX bushings are feather light, self-lubricating, inert (no corrosion) and have zero wear. This means that you have the smoothness of a bearing without the weight and with a longer lifespan..
- ACTIVSEAL: Perpetually repels contaminants from braking system.
- HOOKER: Wrap your line or hang your fly on it (*optional accessory)
- GIGA: The Uber arbors of fly fishing reels. Reel in more than a foot per turn of the handle. A unique design feature of these spools is grooves that let the bottom of the backing breathe to promote faster drying. The giga arbors have redefined large arbor reel design.
Buy on-line or talk with a knowledgeable fly fishing specialist: